NBC, Fox and Facebook stop running Trump caravan ad

NBC, Fox and Facebook stop running Trump caravan ad

NBC, Fox and Facebook stop running Trump caravan ad

"While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution", a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement. The ad also was in rotation Monday morning on cable news channel MSNBC.

NBC said on Monday that in its review, it recognises the insensitive nature of the ad.

A CNN spokesperson responded in a tweet, saying, "CNN has made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist". Parscale made no mention of Fox's decision. "President Trump and his allies will protect our border and keep our families safe", according to the ad, which urges viewers to vote Republican.

The president's staunchest defender, son Doanld Trump Jr., was also livid earlier in the weekend over another network's choice to keep the ad off its airways.

The primetime ads ran during the broadcast of a Sunday night National Football League game, and linked Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant convicted of killing two sheriff's deputies in California in 2014, to the caravan of immigrants fleeing Central America.


As IJR previously noted, Hollywood producer Judd Apatow provoked an onslaught of attacks on NBC after he tweeted about the ad on Sunday.

The ad, backed by President Donald Trump, was pulled from Fox News airwaves on Sunday, according to Marianne Gambelli, president of ad sales for the network. "Your questions are offensive a lot of the time", he said.

Trump was asked Monday whether he thought the ad was offensive.

Trump's broader argument in the ad is obvious: we don't know who is coming into our country. The ad attempts to stoke fear over a caravan of migrants traveling to the U.S. -Mexico border, tying the group to an immigrant convicted of murdering a police officer.

The Sacramento Bee newspaper in California reported, however, that records show that Bracamontes was deported before sneaking back into the country - under Republican president George W. Bush. The cable newswers that Trump slams incessently as the megaphone of "Fake News" added that "When presented with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad, we declined".

Noticias relacionadas



[an error occurred while processing the directive]