Donald Cerrone claims he has interim title shot against Conor McGregor

Donald Cerrone claims he has interim title shot against Conor McGregor

Donald Cerrone claims he has interim title shot against Conor McGregor

The ban ends in April and McGregor could be set for a return by as early as June, with White wanting to make the speculated matchup against Cerrone a reality.

Nurmagomedov was suspended nine months and fined $500,000 for inciting a post-fight melee following his victory over Conor McGregor in the UFC 229 main event at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on October 6.

After all, the Nevada State Athletic Commission delivered its verdict on the controversial aftermath of UFC 229 and handed the 30-year-old Russian fighter a nine-month suspension and a $500,000 (£380,950) fine. While that was going on, members of Nurmagomedov's team were seen invading the Octagon and exchanging punches with McGregor.

Nurmagomedov was furious his team-mates were punished with fines and bans, and declared he would not fight again until the UFC return to Madison Square Garden in November.

Of course, Floyd's flirted heavily with the idea in the past ... remember, he teased a possible MMA fight with Conor McGregor just previous year - even stepping into an actual cage!


"Those two want to fight each other, they've both earned it", White told MMAjunkie following a UFC 234 media conference in Australia.

One of the more highly rumored fights of 2019 appears to be closer than ever to being confirmed.

"I can go get a deal right now from the UFC".

The UFC already has a summer pay-per-view show scheduled but it does not yet have a venue, city, or main event - UFC 238 on June 8.

He previously said "a lot of people want to see that fight" and that it should happen this year.

Noticias relacionadas



[an error occurred while processing the directive]